Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gathering of the Generations

Phew! Mid terms are finally over with a not so happy ending. I finally can blog guilt free FOR TODAY. haha it'll soon be time to gear up for FINALS! less than a month away!so..

Last Saturday, 5 generations of Monteiros gathered in my aunt Kate's beautiful home for a reunion. yes FIVE generations! i think im in the 4th generation.

Thats our family tree... haha try to spot me!

I honestly had no idea i had so many relatives...some ive never seen in my life. My great grandparents John Bernard Monteiro and Cecilia de Rozario had 9 children. The 9 children had children and the children had children..haha u get what i mean la rite...It took a whole year of planning for this day and i played no part in the planning. haha! Relatives from as far as australia came back for this occassion. I was surprised to find out that i had relatives from Penang. they even had to charter a BUS to kl!

there was so many of us that ......we had to wear name tags....

we watched slide show prepared by my uncle Alvin Monteiro ( i jus love making fun of u!)
while we dine on our scrumptious dinner prepared by cousins. again i played no part in it! i would have helped if i had no class on a SATURDAY! :P

I LOVE SHEPHERD's PIE!!!















we sang and we danced.


but the most memorable part of the event was when we held on to balloons n thought of our loved ones who were already in heaven...n let go of our balloonsi thought of my grandpa....i miss him dearly and how he would play 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' with his harmonica. how he would sing to me playing horribly on the organ ' Burung Kakak tua' when i was young. Sigh.




But honestly i did not get to know anyone new....my mistake for not mixing around n getting to know ppl. i promise to get to know my other cousins next time?? hehe...instead i stuck to my comfort zone! my cousins!





















Fav ppl missing from the scene: Christiana and Richard! COME BACK! miss you guys loads!























Indeed a memorable day. I hope this wont be last but the beginning of a new chapter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look awesome that night!

silv3r3ack said...

oi, you mentioned my name once only? lol.
please send me those photos la...ekeke.
all the best for your E.X.A.M ;-)

Anonymous said...

You look HOT!
hahahaha..

The Monteiros!
I saw SONIA on your tagname.
Hahaha.
weird.

:P